Arizona is dry. Both in humidity in the air as well as lack of rain. So we all look forward to the monsoon season and hope we reap the benefits of the precious rain that can shower down on us. I remember laughing at the notion of "monsoon" season when I first moved here. Monsoons usually start in July. I had moved here in the month of June from an extremely humid climate. So, when the "humidity" kicked in here a month later, I laughed at all the complainers of the humid air. It was nothing in comparison to what I knew.
However, not too many seasons later and I felt the humidity as well. Sometimes we get storms during the monsoons, and sometimes we are left disappointed with nothing but dust and trees blown down with the moisture evaporating before it ever touches ground.
But there is one thing the monsoon season delivers without fail each and every year; beautiful sunsets and beautiful lightning shows and amazing heavenly skies. I love monsoon season, rain or not.




What beautiful skies you have! It looks liek yhou could be in Hawaii! :) Just gorgeous!
ReplyDelete