We had lived in this house a little over 8 years without seeing a single scorpion. Then our next door neighbor laid down new gravel in her yard. That new gravel must have had these little critters in it and they sought refuge to all the neighbors around our neighbor's house. We all began seeing signs of these nasty insects. Then over a period of two days, we saw four of these things in our house. Two were found by the front door, one was walking down the hall where I kicked it accidentally, but fortunately was not stung. These were all larger creatures, easy to see.
But one was found lurking in the corner of the bathroom as Brandon sat on the pot. He started screaming, feeling trapped on the toilet, and not wanting it to move. I came and taped the tiniest scorpion I ever saw to the floor so he could safely finish his business. Then I took a picture of it, next to the paperclip, so we could compare just how small it was. That was the last one we saw. I hope forever!A few days later, I found this tiny little lizard in our house. I don't mind the lizards, other than they don't belong in the house. But they are not creepy and they don't hurt anything, in fact, they eat the creepy insects. So, we didn't tape this to the floor and smash it. We caught it under a glass, scooped a card under it, and let it go outside. To eat any lingering scorpions.


Love the lizard but hate the scorpian! Creeps me out just thinking about it! You need some good cold weather to kill those things off! :)
ReplyDelete