Monday, September 12, 2011

Catching Up

It has been a while since writing.

It is hard to play "catch up" and I always feel like I should.  This month has been a month of "catch up".

I have been catching up with photo albums.

I have been catching up with scrapbooks.

I have been catching up with printing off emails I want saved before our computer crashes for good.

I have been catching up with filing and paperwork and shredding and all things related to paper.

As much as I love the computer world, with its ease and compact files, there is no way to avoid lots of paper and the things it represents.

Sometimes it is simply a pile to shred and discard.

But sometimes it is priceless photos and documents which are more important as a concrete paper copy.  It is these things that I am trying to better organize and sort and affix in a more permanent way for generations into the future.

And the future is rapidly approaching as I see time speed up ever so quickly with each new year.

It seems like yesterday I waved Cameron off in Provo, UT, dropping him at the curb for a farewell wave and a "see you in two years!" cry from my heart.

And in two weeks time, he will be returning from a mission serving the people in Florida.

So, a mission comes to an end, along with weekly emails of his progress, but a new beginning occurs as he steps soon, into his new shoes as a returned missionary with new goals and plans in place for the next step and stage in his life.

And so, for my part, I am attempting to get organized, sorted and prepared for his return so my time spent catching up can be with Cameron and not bogged down with a huge "to do" list.
That's Cameron on the left.  I just might need to do some spiritual "catching up" as well!

1 comment:

  1. Not much longer and that boy of yours will be back home! Woo-Hoo! I bet you're counting down the days!

    ReplyDelete