Sunday, September 25, 2011

And They Called it Puppy Love......


Four years ago, I purchased a CD of Donny Osmond singing songs from the 70's.  As a child, I was not a major Donny fan because I was young when he was the Tiger Beat hearthrob.  By the time I was of the age to really appreciate him, it was uncool to like Donny.  But I really loved the Donny and Marie show and watched that every week.  So, I was surprised at myself that I had picked up this CD from a bookstore.  But I loved all the songs on it and figured he would do a good job with the music.

A day or two later, while reading the news online, there was a quiz where, if you could answer the trivia question correctly, you would win a prize.  I don't remember if I knew what the prize was because I certainly had never expected to win, but, the question was, "What was the name of Donny Osmond's latest CD?"  Well, what do you know?  I certainly knew that, typed in the answer, and discovered I had won tickets to his concert!

So I invited my friend Trudi, who is from Utah, where the Osmond clan held their popularity a bit longer so she was a die hard fan.  Together we went to that show and had a great time. When we were there, I think I saw maybe 8-10 other people I knew at that show as well.

When I saw the Donny was coming again, I asked Trudi if she wanted to go again, and I also asked Susan and Rhea who were at the show 4 years ago as well.   Everyone was on board to give it another go and so on Aug 29, the four of us trekked to see Donny in concert again.  It was a great show!  In fact, as much as I enjoyed the one four years ago, this one was better, more refined.  He is definitely a real showman and he has a good set of pipes, still, after all these years.  I think it is all that clean living!

PS: Susan was the designer of the poster and she made four hearts and put each of our names in one.  Ha ha ha  What fun these ladies are!

No comments:

Post a Comment