Tuesday, January 26, 2010

After the Storm

So much blessed rain this past week has made me grateful. The newspapers say a few more storms like this over the next few years and the drought of 12 or so years can be declared over. But Chris made an interesting observation. He asked how we could live in a desert and ever NOT be in a drought. Hmmm He has a point.
Regardless, we appreciate ever drop of water we see. But we love the blue skies and the fresh ground after a cleansing rain such as we had.

And we enjoy the pond that has formed in our park behind our house, however temporary it is.



We have even enjoyed laughing at the humble face of Millie the dog as she comes to the back door after a romp outside. She is always full of mud. She has a happy face, until she sees my face, and knows she is doomed to yet another bath. She has had a bath every single day, at least once, for the past week. Oh how I wish I had a picture of her. But I am afraid I am too busy scooping her up before the mud tracks in the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment