Headlines read:
ARIZONA SLAMMED BY WINTER STORM, STATE OF EMERGENCY DECLARED!
TORNADO WARNINGS AND WATCHES IN EFFECT!
BLIZZARD WARNINGS!
Because we rarely get any weather. Except HEAT in the summer. To be expected, I suppose, living in the desert.

Remember a few posts back when I wondered how long it took to fill a pool? We had emptied it because it needed some repairs. Then it was time to re-fill it. In AZ you don't empty your pool, ever, basically. The heat will damage it.
After that post, our pool got filled.

Then we got a lot of this.......................

Rain in Arizona is rare. We average 7 inches a year!(You can't see it in this picture but the wind is blowing and the clouds are very, very dark and heavy) With this front that has moved in, we might just get all of our 7 inches this week!


And so now our pool is over-full and lapping at the edge, a depth which keeps the pump and filter from running properly.

But over-full I can take. I am so
grateful for this rain. When we first moved to Arizona, we saw people go outside and jump and dance in the rainstorms that come in August. We thought the people of Arizona were nuts! Who goes outside in a thunderstorm with lightning and everything? But after a short time living here, and seeing how rare the treat is, we find we are nuts too, and step outside, just to see the rain!
Free water from Mother Nature -- how cool is that! :) My question would be: how much snow does all that rain equal if your temperatures were colder??? :)
ReplyDeleteHa! Yeah it would be a lot. But then again, the same could be said if it were always cold when it rained there in Kentucky! I had heard that higher elevations were expecting at least 2 feet!! We can visit snow without having to actually live in it!
ReplyDelete