So, because we don't really know how to tag pictures and post thoughts and basically keep up with everyone's random comments, we play Farmville and Petville and Cafe World.
Of course, it is harder to gain the 3,654 friends their generation has, mainly because not that many of our generation are still alive!!!!! (or so they believe, given we were born centuries ago), but really, it is because all our friends have not gotten on the social network bandwagon yet.
We still remember the days of letter writing, printed wedding invitations, and phone calls, the kind where you actually speak rather than text!
But it does not mean we are not capable of learning these new techniques and so we jump in, and we learn to farm and somewhere along the way we post a picture of two, mostly retro pictures since none of us at our age actually want to show our real faces!
And before you know it, this will be a passing faze, too, and they will have children of their own, thinking they are way behind the technology times. But us oldfolks will have kept our minds and wits sharp, playing these silly games.
LOL! I take issue with your niece...I can Facebook with the best of them and I am betting you can too! HA! So there.... now I am going to go play Farmville....want to join me? :)
ReplyDelete