Monday, February 22, 2010

I Know I Might Sound Repetitive

But the thing about living in the desert is the gratitude all of us have for rain.  And today was no exception!  It is a beautiful thing, this rain, and we got lots and lots of it yesterday and today.  In fact, as I sat at my desk at work today, I saw the mountain view I have disappear before my very eyes as the clouds hung low and moved in.  Usually my view looks like this.
But today it rained so it started off looking like this.  Yes, the Phoenix sign is a blight on an otherwise beautiful area.  It is a desert preserve that my office borders on.  The sign must be ancient and therefore the only reason it remains.

As the rain progressed and the clouds hung lower, the mountain seemed to disappear. (Hey no comments on what we call mountains, they may be small but that is what we call 'em!)
And now with just barely an outline, some might question a mountain is really there.  This was a great rain!




No comments:

Post a Comment