Friday, July 3, 2009

Slow down life, you're getting away from me!

Wednesday I learned everything there was to know about using Microsoft Word 2007. So I am a little behind the times. I mean, I have been managing to function with Microsoft Word 2007 for the past two years, but today I actually learned HOW to use it, and now I hear they are coming out with a newer, improved, better, simpler, more user friendly version! Such is how things go in today's world, everything is faster, newer, improved and better in every way. And I feel like my age is showing because suddenly, I don't know all the latest gizmos and gadgets that are out there and I cannot keep up with technology. Don't get me wrong, I love technology and the "simplification"? it gives to our lives. I just wonder at how fast we keep moving. Because, when you move faster than your head can think, run faster than you are able to walk, then it would seem to me you are unable to think clearly the consequences of your actions and make appropriate decisions.
And I worry about the swiftness of this country's current leadership, in pushing forth all the new laws and policies that are passing with lightning speed. And it feels like there is no thought for what these decisions and choices will do to our future, as though policies are more important than consequences. So this makes me fear for our future. I love this great country we have been so privileged to be born into. It is a great privilege and a blessing. And I want to see it remain the wonderful land of freedom and opportunity it has afforded us thus far.
As we celebrate our Independence Day tomorrow, I will hope and pray for a brighter, more thoughtful future and that maybe, just maybe, it might be time to do what us "older generation" think, and slow down!

No comments:

Post a Comment