Monday, July 6, 2009

Be Still My Pounding Heart!


I saw on the ticker on the right of my blog that there are only 30 days until Chris comes home. We are down to the last row of stickers on our countdown chart. I feel nervous. I don't know why. Along with that countdown is the one that says there is only one month and six days until Cameron's departure and the adjustment that goes with that. His sticker chart has yet to be hung, but it is full of spaces, completely empty, ready to mark all the possibilities that will arise him these coming months.
Brandon is counting down until he starts a new high school. And while that countdown is not nearly so hard on me, I do remember the heart- pounding first days of a new school.
And so it goes that time ticks by and we don't get to stop it though I sure wish we had the ability to occasionally "pause" it for a moment in time, to enjoy just a little bit longer.






When I think of the upcoming events, my heart can't help but get a little catch in it as I am realizing how fleeting these moments are.


Now where is that Universal Remote with the giant pause button?

No comments:

Post a Comment