Friday, May 18, 2012

De-Clutter

Life keeps going on and not a blog post in sight.

In the past several weeks since I last posted, we have had plenty of events that have kept our family busy.

We had a wonderfully awesome storm and an awards ceremony at Brandon's school.



(forgive the phone picture of the overhead screen in the dark auditorium as it was flashing his name and awards along with everyone else's.  It took several scrolls to even catch his name!)


There have been finals and jobs and baseball games and weddings and dentist appointments and illness and celebrations.


There was even a pedicure in the week.  It was a treat after a day with the flu.


The statue Moroni went up on our Gilbert temple.

And I am the worst picture taker/documenter of life.

We failed as parents not video recording our children as babies and significant times in their lives.

Do I wish we had old videos of younger years? Sometimes.  It would be fun to look back on those on occasion.

I am also not a saver.  In "STUFF", that is.

I don't like clutter and knick knacks and collections. I don't need that "STUFF" for memories in my life.

So I purge it.  Sometimes I regret my purges, but mainly my day to day life feels better to have a cleaner, less cluttered environment.

And that includes purging the guilt associated with jumping in and living rather than staying behind and documenting every little thing.

That was why Tim and I never took video.  Because who ever chose to take video, always missed the major events.

So, we sit in the audience of school activities and attend birthday parties and participate in holiday traditions and we hold them dear in our minds and our hearts, but often not on paper.


But, have no fear, we are alive!

And graduation is coming up for Brandon next week. Then maybe we will come up for air.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Patty, the honorable "not a saver of stuff", I need you to come to my house and help me.:) I am purging "stuff" from my parents and Tim's mom -- I need to lighten my life and stop carting around everyone else's things!

    Got some frequent flyer miles you wanna use to come to KY? Say yes! :)

    WooHoo for graduation day coming! I'm gonna have to video this kid of mine...I am thinking that he might get a LOT of cheers given his current situation -- the whole school seems to know and thinks he's a hero. :P

    ReplyDelete