Each family was in charge of something. Mine was dessert.
I volunteered for that. I figured, who can mess up dessert, right?
Then I decided to get cute and creative. I made little graduation caps out of reeses PB cups, Keebler graham cookies, licorice and some M&Ms.
And I forgot to take a picture. But rest assured, they were cute but not as cute as the picture on Pinterest.
Culinary Arts are not where my skills lie.
I also made cake pops.
Our family does not like cake. So my brilliant idea of ordering a "Congratulations on your Graduation" sheet cake for 40 at Costco was out of the question.
What I really wanted was a DQ ice cream cake for 40 but that was both out of my budget and I likely had no freezer space for it. Plus, you have to transport it in 100+ temps without it thawing, then wondering if the place your going has freezer space for it and so on and so on.....
So I chose to make cake pops, which seemed tastier than cake.
And again, I took some pictures, and forgot to take the finished product. Dang. But, here is a lovely shot of them hardening a bit in the refrigerator. Green icing, kind of ugly, but it was school colors so I chose it for that.
Chocolate cake was much easier to work with. And freezing them for a short time was also a lesson learned.
But while they were not as pretty as the pictures of them I found on the internet, they did taste pretty good and were a big hit.
No comments:
Post a Comment