Sunday morning we got up and got to the chapel early because the stake was going to be split and you know that means: good attendance! Not that there isn't good attendance anyway, after all, we have (had) 13 wards and were spread out in 4 different buildings, one being the local high school auditorium.
The split happened just as I anticipated in terms of geography and then we enjoyed a relaxing stake conference now that the big news was made official.
Home for a couple of hours then it was off to Brandon's baccalaureate. It was 107' outside according to our car thermometer. It felt like an oven. Par for the time of the year so not really surprised.
That evening we dressed back up and headed out the door for seminary graduation. I really must say that by then, I was quite meeting-ed out! I just wanted them to pass out diplomas and go home. But we had some good talks and some reminders that I hope the youth were listening to and it was back home again.
Just long enough for Tim to pack his bags and I took him to the airport. He was headed to North Carolina for work. He was flying all night and arriving just in time to rent a car and drive the the Biltmore Mansion to give it a tour before work began. The poor man did not sleep a wink. He is likely snoozing as I type this.
I will get him on Thursday just in time for a graduation party and off to graduation. It is only supposed to be 99' on Thursday so it should work out fine...................
Coming up, I am going to attempt to make these:




No comments:
Post a Comment