Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Christmas Day~

This year Christmas morning was a little different.  It was the Sabbath. And since my children are older now, they enjoy sleeping in a bit more. So rather than an early morning rush of unwrapping and craziness, we snoozed a little longer and were leisurely readying ourselves for church that was starting at 10:45.  Cameron's best buddy, Taylor, who is on a church mission in England, was calling his  home at 10:00 so Chris and Cameron had been invited to go say a quick hello to him via Skype. 

So the packages remained untouched until a visit with a missionary, a wonderful musical program at church along with a beautiful testimony of our Savior given to us by our bishop. I came home feeling happy and contented.  The gifts were just a bonus, Christmas had already come into my house.

Prior to church, I did have the boys open one gift, the sweater vests (Tim already had this sweater).  I thought it would be kind of cool if they wanted to all wear their vests to church.  Ha ha ha, Cameron wondered if I still thought they were 3.  Actually, I truly figured they would not want to do it but I thought I would give it a try. Cameron is not a fan of the sweater without sleeves.  His is going back to the store.  

Brandon wore his to church and Chris saved his for another day.  Chris said he learned from Batman that a vest will keep your body warm. Your arms will take care of themselves.  Or something of that sort.  Either way, he and Brandon liked their vests. I just like the annual picture of them lining up in the dining room with whatever I got them, slippers, PJ's, or sweaters for that particular year!

No comments:

Post a Comment