We enjoyed a pleasant dinner on Christmas Eve. It consisted of Prime Rib roast, funeral potatoes, the much beloved green bean casserole, cranberry jello delight, cooked carrots (with brown sugar!) but we forgot the rolls.
Thank goodness Cameron celebrated Christmas Eve in Florida. Because the forgotten rolls would have been unforgiveable. He could survive on them. I had purchased the frozen dough, but completely forgot to take them out of the freezer to raise and bake.
We had plenty of carbs. Not to worry.
For dessert there was a choice of pumpkin pie and our family's traditional Cheesecake Factory Cheesecake. Also there were cookies and fudge galore for the sweet tooth to enjoy.
We hopped in the car that evening to enjoy some Christmas lights.
When my head hit the pillow, I felt a sense of peace and satisfaction come over me. I was happy, my family was happy and we are very blessed.
And even though no one wakes us early in the morning anymore, to see what Santa has brought, and even though I often wish for a house full of people and noise and conversation and celebration, our quiet little ones allow me a chance to really feel the Spirit and true meaning of Christmas that perhaps the slightly envied Christmases many of my friends experience with generations of family and white elephant parties and pie eating contests and Santa arriving for the children have to wait for. During a quiet lull.
Our Christmas celebrations are quiet for now. I will cherish them. And look forward to a growing family where I may have to slip off for the quiet.
Either way, I am grateful we are so very blessed with the life we do have.
And may the new year continue to bless us all!
No comments:
Post a Comment