Then, when the letter is done, and the chuckling is over, I feel more like crying. A little bit because he is funny and the laugh emotion is so close to the crying one. But also, I cry because hearing his personality in his emails makes me miss him a lot too and I miss his quick wit and his teasing nature that keeps us on our toes.
Here is an excerpt from his most recent letter regarding a neighbor with 6 kids who just bought a Mini Cooper:
I know who John Lundgreen is, I was there when he fell off the "mountain", as he would always call it. I can totally see him in a mini. And the one he got sounds pretty awesome. I might have to talk him into letting me drive it sometime. But yeah, minis and 6 kids doesn't work very well together. Maybe that's part of the plan though. You just look at them and say "I'm sorry you just can't come on vacation with us this year. You can stay at home and think about where you want to go when its your turn next year."
And as he describes some interesting people he meets in Northern Florida:
We drove down this winding dirt road for ever and then turn onto his drive way that takes us around to two trailers, like literal trailer trailers that hook onto your pickem'-up truck. And this guy with white hair, big white beard, and of course, camo (but I'm sure I didn't need to clarify that. At least when I think of everyone who lives out here I just automatically assume they have camo on. They may just have camo robes on in heaven too, and a rifle.) So my companion, being the paranoid person he is, flings open the the door and like raises his hands over his head out the car door telling him we're missionaries from the church so he won't shoot us. Oh geez, I wish I had a video of that whole situation. I thought it was so funny. I knew he wasn't gonna shoot it at us he just wanted to make sure he knew who we were.
And even in his endless hours of service he finds humor:
Saturday we worked at the Suwannee high school marching band's hamburger stand at the towns big "Christmas at the Square" festival or whatever. We sold a billion hamburgers over the course of like 6 hours working there. It was pretty long and crazy. They had funnel cake there and gator kabobs but I didn't get either. I'm ashamed that I didn't get a funnel cake. Everyone who had one looked happy as crap!

HAHAHA! Cameron and Jordan have much the smae sense of humor! It's quick, it's dry and it's funny! It totally get his humor because I know Jordan's!
ReplyDeleteOur phone calls are coming soon -- YAY! Jordan says they can only talk for 40 minute... Boo-Hiss! But after this call, only one more and they are home! YAY again!
Yes, our phone calls are coming............If Chris or Cameron ever had a time limit, they never said. Of course, with cell phones, they just called after the minutes were free for them and we talked over an hour every time!
ReplyDelete