Sunday, March 22, 2009

Examples

A friend showed me courage today. She showed me that she would do the right thing in the face of embarrassment or fear of pity. She showed grace in adversity.

Another friend lost her son this week. In the face of this great tragedy she shows strength and calmness that I admire and I wonder if I am capable of the strength she has. Then I remember a loving Heavenly Father who does not forget us in our trials and therein lies our strength.

Yet another friend showed me the wonderful mercy of a God who loves her and her family and the tender mercy granted her in her afflictions. And the gratitude she feels for it all in spite of such terrible trials that might cause others to question a God's love.

And when I see these amazing examples of people I admire, I know that their examples are not coincidence but placed right where they are to be an example to me. And lift me up so I can be better too.

1 comment:

  1. Love this Patty. You are right -- not coincidence at all but placed on our path for us to learn from, respond to and grow from.

    ReplyDelete