Friday, March 2, 2012

A New Chapter....Again

As I was driving home from the local Wal-Mart, I saw a group of school children walking across the street with goody bags in their hands and holding hands with the parent volunteers that had gone along for the field trip.  They were so small, hardly seeming to be old enough to be in school at all so I am guessing maybe they were kindergartners.  I have no idea where they were coming from, but it couldn't have been far since they were walking.  I saw them heading in the direction of the local elementary school so I figured they were on their way back to school.
And it all made me feel very nostalgic......
because I am about to turn another page, and start another chapter in my life.  My youngest child, Brandon, is a senior and about to graduate. Seeing those kindergartners walking along, so eager to be in school, has made me think again on how very fast the time really goes. It does not seem that long ago that I was tagging along on those field trips, some enjoyable, and some not so much.  But I always volunteered anyway and am glad that I did.
Now my boys are grown and I decided to walk down memory lane and post their senior portraits.
 Chris~2006
 Cameron~2008
Brandon~2012

Nice even numbers for graduation years.  I like that.

2 comments:

  1. Seems impossible that you will have them all graduated soon! Impossible I say!!! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Imposible, for sure! Where did the time go? Remember when Chris and Andrew were in kindergarten and we were walking along pregnant and ready to go with Brandon and Jacob? I remember going into labor, you getting Chris from half day kindergarten, I had not gone to the hospital yet and sat at your kitchen table chatting the afternoon away until I realized I could not talk through the contractions! Brandon was born and three days later Jacob was. Could that really have been 18 years ago??

    ReplyDelete