Our former stake president owned this land. It was family land and was donated for the purpose of a temple. How exciting that the Lord can forsee the future and make the circumstances possible for those in tune with the Spirit to plan and prepare for things in the future that they don't quite know the purpose of yet.
But now the ground is broken and a new temple will be constructed. Currently there are 70 stakes that the Mesa, AZ temple services. It is overflowing in capacity, thus demonstrating the need for another temple. The Gilbert temple will draw approximately 20 stakes from the Mesa temple and with it, new growth in missionary work, I am confident.
There are currently 157 temples either operating, under construction or announced. It allowed me an opportunity to reflect on the many temples that have been a part of my life.
I was sealed to my parents in the Washington DC temple.
I was sealed to my husband in the Chicago, IL temple.
I was able to be a part of the process of the St. Louis, MO temple from its announcement until its fruition.
Then I moved to Arizona a year later, and have enjoyed many hours of service in the Mesa temple.
Finally we will be allowed once again to experience another temple in our midst and enjoy the blessings and challenges that are all part of the process.
In 1997, when the St. Louis, MO temple was completed and dedicated, we had 50 temples. In the past 13 years, we have more than tripled that number! That is an amazing thing, and I believe the Lord must be very pleased that He blesses us with so many temples.
I feel blessed to have the chance to experience the process again and to know that when we serve in the temple, we are standing in holy places.






What a great thing to be a part of the Gilbert Temple ground breaking! I remember St. Louis well..what a cold day that was! You are so blessed to have another temple so close to you! Enjoy!
ReplyDelete