We are the proud owner of two blue cars and one red. Okay, proud is sort of a silly word to describe our car ownership. I mean, they are vehicles, in good running order, that get us where we need to go. And for that I am extremely grateful. Enough about our cars, other than to say, that they are not white. And apparently white is the color to have here in Arizona. Tim and I often find ourselves actually remarking on the blandness that is Arizona vehicle colors. Sometimes, sitting at a traffic light, we watch as the left turn lane spews out white car after white car, maybe four or five in a row before the light turns red. Today, after dropping Tim off at the bus stop, (yes, my husband rides the bus to work while my kids drive a car to school! What is wrong with that picture?) I was driving home and while sitting at a light, I saw six white cars in a row followed by three gray ones then a couple of black vehicles. Not a single color among them!
The thought process here goes that white cars are cooler. (That does not explain the black cars) However, I am of the notion that once the temperature inside the vehicle reaches 150-160 degrees, you won't really know the difference! So, I will stick with colors, thankyouverymuch ,and enjoy a little diversity in life. And the fogeys of the world can keep their "cooler" white cars.
And as far as my children not taking the bus to school, well, there is not a bus to school for where they go. And Tim enjoys not having to pay attention to the traffic as he rides the mass transit system we have here in this great city in which we live. Because in the summertime, you can guarantee the A/C is broken on the bus and the city workers, not wanting to mess up their hair, protest a window being cracked. Oh yes, you can assure Tim loves riding the bus in this great city because the buses are purple and green!
No comments:
Post a Comment