
Congratulations to the ASU spring graduating class of 2009! But I am terribly sorry to hear the festivities are spoiled by your guest speaker. Graduating college is a big deal and walking the walk to get your diploma (though it really is not in that book they hand you) is what we all look forward to, wait anxiously for, and feel we deserve as our right after years of study and hard work. However, if it were me graduating this year, I am afraid it would be a walk I would not be taking. I could not stomach it. Good luck to you all as you sit for what I hear will be five hours of festivities as you deal with traffic, closed roads, crowds and triple digit temperatures to hear the recognizable and grinding voice of none other than the one that is leading this great country of ours down the tubes! I can only say congratulations to ASU for sticking to your guns and not awarding the illustrious one an honorary degree. Enjoy the festivities as I enjoy the air conditioning and any channel on TV NOT carrying the broadcast of this momentous occasion!
No comments:
Post a Comment