Have you ever had one of those days that you just feel a pressure building? And you can't seem to put your finger on it. And maybe you don't feel particularly sad, or happy, or any real strong emotion at that particular moment, but you just feel like a good cry would take away the melancholy and you would feel cleansed and refreshed.I awoke at 4 AM with this feeling. Well, first the feeling was that I needed to head to the bathroom, but after that, I laid in bed and became wide awake. The previous day played over and over in my head. There were good Mother's Day talks at church, a nice dinner at home with the family, and the awaited phone call from Chris, his one of four granted us in the past two years. We had a nice chat, he is doing well, and has only three months to go. All should feel good and pleasant and right with the world after a day like yesterday. But in the middle of my dreams, upon awakening, I felt like I needed a good cry, but it wouldn't come.
This morning, the pressure and need is still there. But, I know at some point the dam will break. Probably watching some sappy Hallmark movie or something. But it will come. And I will welcome it. And even if I cry watching the commercial of the cute bulldog sharing his toy with his new "sister" bulldog puppy, don't judge me, I needed it!
Now you aren't thinking of getting a cute bulldog puppy, are you??? :)
ReplyDeleteCrying, for any reason is good -- it cleans out the tear ducts and rinses the dust out of your eye lashes. And, you'll sleep good tonight! :)