
Tuesday, April 14, 2009
Amusement Park Ride
Everyone was so relaxed on our flight to St. Louis! Well, not everyone! It was thunderstorms most of the way and the turbulence was atrocious! Remember as a kid when you could ride every ride at Six Flags? Nothing scared you and you felt frustration at being too short to ride the scariest rides of all! Then, as you got older, past childhood and into the dreaded 30's, somehow those rides felt less and less enjoyable and more like your stomach was up around your throat. You wondered if you should have heeded the caution that warned people with weak hearts and backs to avoid that ride, and upon exiting the ride, promise yourself you will never, ever get on such a torture device again! This would describe how I felt on our flight last Thursday. The boys were calm, happily listening to their IPods and working on puzzles. Tim was trying to distract his nausea with his IPod, and I was clutching the arms of the seat, closing my eyes, and pretending I was on such a ride as I previously described because that meant we were firmly on the ground and sitting in a scary, but safely controlled amusement park ride, right?


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment