Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Temple Update

Remember the former picture I had taken a couple of months ago of the construction of the Gilbert Temple?  It was low and to the ground, and could not really be seen until you were upon the land that it stood.  Elevator shafts shot up in the sky but it was hard to imagine its size. The Gilbert Temple will be the tallest building in the city when it complete.  That is not saying much as we don't have any really tall buildings to speak of, but its height will accentuate its splendor, I am sure.
 As I was driving along the highway yesterday, heading towards the mall, I looked up and saw a building under construction that I could see from the road.  I knew the general direction of the Gilbert temple under construction, however, it had never been tall enough or large enough to be seen from the highway until recently.
So, it was quite exciting to actually see it take shape and form as I imagine coming around the turn in the road one day and seeing its majestic beauty stand out on the hill from the freeway upon its completion.  That day is a while off, maybe two more years, but, as it grows and develops, it will be exciting to watch it grow and develop and become what God intends it to be.

Maybe that is a little like He feels when he watches us do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment