A crazy day, a crazy week. Tim left on Wednesday afternoon to pick up his dad from the airport. They hung around because two hours later, at the same airport, our Tennessee boy was coming home himself. We greeted him as he passed through security, Tennessee drawl and all. Then we headed immediately to the Stake President's office for his formal release from his two years of service. As President Greer asked pertinent questions regarding his mission, we got to hear, for the first time, many interesting and inspiring things that occurred while he was out serving the Belt Buckle of the Bible Belt. I know from hearing him that he loves the people of Tennessee and appreciates their kindness and hospitality. And we are very grateful to for all that the people of Tennessee and Kentucky did to make him welcome and comfortable. He came back about 10 pounds heavier than when he left. He said it was all the good southern cooking. I think he has barely eaten since he got home. A diet? Or a change of circumstances, I don't know. Nevertheless, at this rate, he will have his 10 extra pounds off in no time at all.
He got to visit with friends, go out to dinner with his family, and see Grandpa Cox after nearly three years. It was a full and emotional day. And has been ever since. But as we all adjust to his return, and find a routine AND a job, we also gear up for the departure of Cameron.
Due to a minor medical issue, Cameron's departure date has been postponed. It need not have been a full six weeks on account of this medical thing, but, the MTC only takes 'em every six weeks so when it needed about a week bump, we had to make it six. And so now his new departure will be Sept 23. Yay! We get him for six extra weeks. Six weeks to visit with his returned brother, and six weeks we get to hug him a little more, for a little longer. I had not realized how very overwhelmed I was to get Chris home and Cameron out the door in such a short window of time. So, I think the Lord truly blessed me with this delay. I can catch my breath before I start these two years all over again. And I am anxiously awaiting Cameron's tales from the Philippines just as we are thoroughly enjoying Chris' of the rural parts of Tennessee.
YAY! Chris is home! I am sure that Tennessee and Kentucky loved him! He looks good -- I don't even notice the +10 lbs.! :D It has been quite a whirlwind of happenings in your home and family. Maybe the extra time with Cameron home will give everyone a bit of breathing room! Congrats on your newly returned missionary! :)
ReplyDeleteawesome!! i can't believe its been two years already. we'll have to come visit you soon so everyone can meet jaksen and dawson!!
ReplyDelete